Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 2

    Today was day one of practice on the track here in Belgium. Our first practice began at 8am this morning, so it was an early morning for still trying to adjust to this time zone. We got to the track and couldn't wait to try it out.. I've never seen the team get ready so fast! We started it out easy with about a 100 lap skate and followed that with a passing drill. It was definitely a great way to get used to the track.

     We had a lot of free time between our morning and night time practice, so a group of us took a walk and found "The Village" which is basically a strip mall walkway type deal. We ran into a few friends from other countries as well. When we were walking we also found a beautiful church that reminded us how cool Europe is. I also finally got my Kinder chocolate which I've been waiting for since I left Italy last year.

     The night time practice was just another easy skate and getting used to the track. When we got back, we ventured out for food. We walked down the boardwalk on the beach (with a beautiful view of the sunset over the water) and found a strip of restaurants and picked one. On the way back, we saw a huge party going on on the beach. And when I say huge, I mean it. So all in all, day one of practice was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment