Thursday, August 1, 2013

     Hey everyone! This is my first post of many that will be having to do with training and competing in Belgium for the 2013 World Championships! I want to try to keep everyone who is back in the states wondering how things are going overseas informed as best as I can. We leave 6 DAYS FROM TODAY! I know I am, along with the rest of the team, getting extremely excited to leave!
     So far since we've been back home from indoor nationals, Hailey, Ryan, Kelsey, and I have been training hard preparing to leave for our two weeks of training in Belgium before competition!
     Another thing that recently has come up before departing was a chance to join an inspirational group called "Who I Run For", but it our case, it will be "Who I Skate For". It is a group that matches up an athlete with a child with disabilities who can't do the physical activities that we do. It is truly inspirational to be able to skate for my match, whose name is Maddy. She is the cutest little girl who has been struggling with DiGeorge disease since she was born. From here on out every training session and race that I have, I will be skating for Maddy. Other Team USA members are also taking part in this!

No comments:

Post a Comment